There is huge interest in “Being Green” and people are looking to make well-informed choices on such matters as:
- renewable energy supply
- managing household waste
- purchasing of consumer goods
- food supply
- public and private transport
To keep up to date on Carbon Emissions, click here for the latest news.
Handling your household waste can be easy!
Every household will produce various types of waste, including some hazardous waste. Using safer alternatives, using only what you need and recycling are great ways of reducing your waste output into the environment. Find out how you can get your community to reduce waste by clicking here.
- Floor wax
- Metal cleaner
- Shoe polish
- Rug/carpet cleaner
There are ways of disposing of such hazardous waste, but here’s a list of things people do, which they shouldn’t:
- Dumping them down the drain or putting them on grass/concrete as this may pollute your water supply
- Throwing containers away that still has some liquid in
How to prevent
Following simple and easy steps can reduce how much waste you produce. Read below to see what we suggest.
- Buy only what you need. If you are unable to use the entire product, ask somebody you know to see if they want the excess.
- Try to use water based products wherever possible.
- Hire a rubbish removal company to take away all rubbish that you don’t need, this includes old furniture and garden debris. See prices here.