Is your town experiencing high levels of crime? Are you looking for effective ways of reducing crime in your local area? Continue reading for more information.
There are a range of initiatives residents and businesses can do to deter crime in their local area.
Our specialist team have written a few tips and tricks that you may want to think about.
- Install good locks on doors and windows – and use them. Click here for the best window locks.
- Trim shrubs and bushes around your property to reduce concealment areas. Local Gardeners.
- Remove rubbish and clutter from around your property to present a cared for look. Criminals use rubbish and anything lying around as break-in tools and view uncared for areas as areas that are free of witness opportunities – often crimes go unreported in these areas for long periods (also known as Broken Windows Theory)
- Install security systems with remote monitored video surveillance – this is a great deterrent and provides police with improved opportunity to recover losses and catch criminals. There are various types of CCTV cameras to choose from.
- Repair and / or install exterior lighting (reduces concealment opportunities). Find out more.
- Don’t flaunt your possessions – lock high value items separately in a strongbox, safe, windowless locked cupboard or room. Best safes for your home.
- Consider a Security Review from your local police department or a security consultant